El Salvador: A Platform to Export to Large MarketsEl Salvador offers investment opportunities for companies in the fields of medical devices, footwear, auto parts and electronic components, who want to establish manufacturing plants and export their products to the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
Investment OpportunitiesManufacturing Plants for:
- Auto parts (harnesses, seat covers, safety systems, sensors, etc.)
- Footwear (footwear manufacturing, assembly of footwear components and parts, manufacturing of footwear inputs, components and accessories)
- Medical devices (medical supplies, orthopedic products, hospital furniture, etc.)
- Passive electronic components (tantalum and ceramic capacitors, transistors, resistors, etc.)
Advantages of Investing in El Salvador
- Strategic location in the center of the Americas to be used as a logistics platform
- Free trade agreements with major market
- The CAFTA-DR rule of origin granted by the United States for footwear is more flexible than in any other free trade agreement
- Installed capacity in key complementary industries
- The textile and apparel sector is one of the most important in the country and includes yarn and fabric manufacturers, as well as apparel companies.
- El Salvador has a mature plastics industry. Many of the plastic companies have installed capacity to offer outsourcing or even make joint ventures with international companies.
- In the metal mechanics sector, there are companies with CNC workshops, capable of sourcing precision parts.
- Low operating costs
- Highly-qualified human capital
Need more information on the sector?
Contact PROESA to receive all the information and advice you need to invest El Salvador.
Aeronautics/Light manufacturing Investment Specialist