- WHY EL SALVADOR?
El Salvador is one of the most attractive countries in the region to establish and operate a business. In recent years, the Financial Times’ FDI Intelligence magazine has ranked El Salvador among the most cost-effective countries in the region.
El Salvador is an export platform to reach major markets thanks to the broad network of trade agreements with 42 countries in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Together they represent a potential market of 1.2 billion consumers. These agreements provide flexible rules of origin, and the elimination or major reductions in import tariffs.
- ABOUT INVEST
El Salvador at a glance
- Official name: Republic of El Salvador
- Capital city: San Salvador
- Language: Spanish
- Total area: 21,041 square kilometers
- Currency: United States of America dollar (since 2001), Bitcoin (since September 2021)
- Area code: +503
- Time zone: Central Standard Time (CST), UTC -6.
- GDP (Billions): USD$28.7 (2021)
- GDP per capita (USD): $4,542 (2021)
- Stock of Foreign Direct Investment: USD$ 10.4 billion (II quarter 2022)
- Graph 1: GDP by economic activity (2021).
- Population: 6.3 million inhabitants (of which 53.3% are women and 46.7% are men)
- Labor force: 2.9 million people (of which 58.3% are men and 41.7% are women)
- Unemployment rate: 6.3%
- Underemployment rate: 37.6%