Avianca and MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories join forces to facilitate compliance with travel requirements for passengers flying between El Salvador and international destinations operated by the airline. Thus, those who purchase tickets at the L and XXL rates will not have to pay an additional cost for the PCR test or antigens, which will be included in the value of the ticket. On the other hand, travelers who buy their ticket at XS, S, M or XL rates will be able to access discounts of 32% for PCR tests and 47% for antigen tests in El Salvador.
Passengers who require the test must make an appointment in advance at the MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories telephone number: 22660503 or 25646555, taking into account the validity time of the “test” required in the destination country.
“Our goal is to make our clients’ travel plans much easier and for them we are generating strategic alliances that allow us to build an ecosystem of benefits, advantages and discounts to improve and simplify their travel experience. From now on, those who buy their tickets with travel to or from El Salvador can have included or access significant discounts on COVID-19 tests, which are a requirement to fly to many countries in the region, thanks to the agreement with MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories ”, Said David Alemán, Avianca General Director for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
For his part, René Estupinián, Marketing Director of MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories stated that “for us it is an important opportunity to accompany such an important brand for the benefit of its traveling users. As a leading quality laboratory with the most experience in El Salvador, we are dedicated to excellence in all our clinical examinations, including testing for the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes the COVID-19 disease. In this alliance we are committed to being able to serve all Avianca passengers, helping to make their trip safe and have a good experience. We believe that our high focus on quality, service and ethics have allowed us to accompany Avianca as strategic partners today, adapting to the needs of the industry and, above all, of travelers. “
Approximate turnaround time for results: 2 hours for antigen testing and 1 business day for PCR testing.
Recommendations to clients:
· The passenger must show the Avianca ticket purchase confirmation email and their identification document at the time of the test.
· Communication related to tests and results will be made exclusively between the laboratory and the passenger.
· Tickets in sizes L and XXL include one (1) COVID PCR or antigen test to be performed at MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories. If the passenger makes a change in his itinerary, and the test included in his size has already been carried out, the subsequent tests will not be covered by Avianca.
· It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to verify the policies of the countries of transit and / or destination regarding the requirements of the required test.
· In the case of sizes XS, S, M and XL or mileage redemption tickets, payment for the test must be made through the means of payment enabled by MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories.
· Sampling will take place at MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories from Monday to Friday from 06:30 to 16:00 and Saturday from 06:30 to 12:00. The passenger must take into account that to guarantee delivery of results the next day, the test must be performed before 10:00 at the MaxBloch Clínicas Médicas branch.
· The benefits apply to tickets issued as of March 30, 2021 and the agreement will be extended according to the requirements of the authorities of each country.